Open Secrets: Researcher Investigations & Advocacy
Event closing date: Monday 5 October 2020
Event type: Employment
Open Secrets can be a non-profit organization that experiences problems with economic crime and its impact on human rights, focusing on the financial sector in southern Africa. They use investigative research, advocacy and therefore the law to hold accountable people and institutions that commit these human rights violations. Open Secrets establishes and builds responsibility for economic crimes in the personal sector through investigative research, advocacy and therefore the law.
Open Secrets seeks to appoint Researcher – Investigations & Advocacy (Community House) in Salt River, Cape Town.
Type of employment: Full-time position for an initial contract period of one year (prospects for renewal).
Start date: early November 2020.
- Undertake detailed, evidence-based investigations into economic crimes that have resulted in human rights violations.
- Also provide survey reports as articles for our website and social media platforms. You must write well, dig into detail and interact in investigative research that is sometimes risky, but which always serves the general interest of the public.
- Contribute to our advocacy to carry the message and work closely with our legal team to develop a legal strategy to hold corrupt institutions and individuals accountable.
- Cooperation is crucial, and we expect you to work closely with our team as partners in civil society in South Africa and other countries.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, exemplary integrity and a commitment to social justice.
- A dedicated team player with a curious spirit who values cooperation and an aversion to office politics. If you want to change the way the planet works, you want to fit right in.
- At least five years of work experience in investigative research (preferably in the non-profit sector – but we will consider all good people who share our values).
- Postgraduate study in a related field such as law, politics, history or economics preferably.
- Strong research and writing (English) and mastery of basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Historically disadvantaged applicants are encouraged to use it.
- Eligible in South Africa.
- Submit a cover letter, a CV, a copy of relevant qualifications, a recent raw writing sample, and contact the details of a minimum of three judges by Monday 5 October 2020 at 17:00.
- The subject of your email should clearly indicate the position you are applying for.
- Send your application to: [email protected]
- Please note that applications that lack any of the specified information will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of the device process.
The salary mentioned in the Job Post is the estimated salary according to the UAE labor market and job description.
Some employers pay more than the average salary and other employers pay fewer salaries.
This salary amount is not offered in the actual post.
or a trendy career representative will never ask for money for any job.
The trendy career offers you no guarantee of confirmed employment. we are just a work platform.
If you receive a call / SMS / email as a modern career and you ask to give money for any job, please do not respond as it may be a scam.